PUTTING SUSTAINABILITY INTO PRACTICE TOGETHER.
We’re already thinking about tomorrow: the responsible use of natural resources ensures ecological balance and secures a habitable ecosystem – also for generations to come.
Conserving the environment has always been an important part of RIKA's corporate philosophy, which is why we continuously develop our technologies towards lower consumption and emissions. This is the only way we can meet the challenges of our time and offer our customers sustainable products. Together, through the use of our products, you as the customer and RIKA as the manufacturer can contribute to the conservation of the environment.
We are committed
We voluntarily comply with all requirements and certify our stoves according to the strictest international guidelines: *BimSchV Germany (Ordinance on the Implementation of the German Federal Immission Control Act)
- HKI Germany (German Industrial association for house, heating and kitchen technology)
- Luftreinhalteverordnung Switzerland (Ordinance on Air Pollution Control)
- DIBt certification Germany
- Österreichisches Umweltzeichen (Austrian Environmental Label)
- VHI + VKF (Holzenergie Schweiz [Wood Energy Switzerland])
Sustainability at RIKA
Being the industry leader in innovation and quality inevitably gives us a different perspective on issues like sustainability, the environment and efficiency.
HOW RIKA CONTRIBUTES TO SUSTAINABILITY
- So for us, international standards such as those for emissions represent the bare minimum, not the benchmark. We have a different aim – to achieve the maximum that is possible.
- All RIKA woodburning and pellet stoves boast values that are significantly lower than those required by law for fine particulates and carbon monoxide, meaning they will be able to be used without restriction in the future as well.
- They heat efficiently and economically due to Rikatronic³ modulating air intake control, the patented air duct system (RLS) and innovative pellet stove technology, and attain maximum energy conversion efficiency.
HOW YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE TO SUSTAINABILITY WITH RIKA STOVES
- Biomass is produced locally, it grows back, and it permits planning due to its relatively short growth time.
- Biomass is a renewable energy source and is climate-neutral, because when it burns it releases into the environment only the same volume of carbon dioxide (CO2) that the tree absorbed from the atmosphere during its growth.
- The burning of residual wood which accumulates from forestry maintenance is a way of using wood as an energy resource which is both ecologically and economically viable.
- Wood heating systems reduce emissions from fossil fuels and thereby also the greenhouse effect, which is the primary cause of global warming.
EUROPEAN ECODESIGN REGULATIONS
From 2022, stoves may only be marketed if they meet certain energy-efficient requirements and emission limit values. RIKA stoves are therefore already Ecodesign-compliant today.
To the blog post